McCall Engineering Ltd. is committed to building a diverse workforce reflective of the diversity of Canada. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates, especially those who identify as a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group, and any others who may contribute to the diversification of our workforce, to apply.
Committed to providing excellent service to our clients, McCall Engineering has successfully completed projects ranging from small residential buildings to large transportation structures and highways. We have a dedicated team of professional engineers and technical personnel with many years of consulting experience in British Columbia and Abroad.
About the Role:
McCall Engineering is looking to hire a Construction Manager with experience in buildings and bridges. The successful candidate will oversee each project from conception to completion and work directly with clients. You will report to the Senior Bridge Engineer and often work as Client Representative. You will be responsible for managing the construction process safely, efficiently and in a cost-effective manner. You will be customer focused, providing a good quality product within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Day to day supervision and co-ordination of on-site staff, subcontractors, plant and materials
- Build and maintain good relations with staff, clients and subcontractors
- Coordinate and lead site meetings with relevant team members, departments and clients
- Maintain strict quality control procedures and conduct regular site safety audits / checks
- Ensure all materials and machinery, including those of subcontractors are compliant with technical and quality specifications
- Ensure projects run within budget and are completed to construction specifications
- Comply with health & safety and ensure all relevant documentation is signed off as required
- Information management / meticulous record keeping of all relevant paperwork
- Understanding of contractual requirements
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in construction project management
- Strong construction background ideally within bridges, industrial buildings residential and commercial dwellings with a proven track record of delivering high quality projects
- Capable of running projects valued between $200k to $20M.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team leader
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to think ahead
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
If you have any questions about this role please contact Bilal Bakht at 1-(778) 922-0786 or Bilal@McCallEngineering.ca. Posted Date: 2018-11-17